Groundhog Day Queries
Tom Hoopes wrote:
This was my witty retort to a volunteer. I just have to share!
Does the groundhog have the proper Minute of authorization from the working group and/or standing committee which has oversight of Mammalian shadows?
Is this need to look for shadows a genuine Leading, or perhaps coming from a place of ego? If it is a Leading, how has it been tested with the community of groundhogs?
Is the news of this putative Shadow intended to be shared with others, or is it perhaps intended for the groundhog only?
1. The minute of clearness on the subject of oversight of a volunteer to work on the Shadow Convention for Groundhogs was brought forward by Chestnut Hill MM's Committee on Burrows, Tunnels, and Light at the End Thereof.
2. The leading was tested by attaching the lead to the furry Friend's collar and tugging in a very gentle and Quakerly manner. The leading was found to be in right order when the animal declined to turn left.
3. The minute was approved at the Meeting for Worship for Business and Small Mammals after the Building, Property, and Garden Committee agreed to stand aside.
4. The Peace & Underground Concerns Standing Committee was unable, because of the current PYM financial crisis, to find adequate funding for the next two years, by which time it is expected that a new line may be inserted in the PYM budget, with the approval of the Small Rodentiae Liaison to the Fuzzy Financial Stewardship Working Group.
5. Worship & Care of Fauna Standing Committee declined to comment, apparently fearing that the animal under the basket might be practicing Wicker, which caused such a beastly furor in New York Yearly Meeting.
6. However, P&UC Standing Committee encouraged those associated with the project to move forward as Way opens. Funding to support it might be obtained from the sale of one of three burial grounds and/or the Delaware Valley Friends School, all under the penumbral care (for shadowy historical reasons) of the shadowy Philadelphia Quarter.
Grace and peace - Punxatawny Phil Anthony.